- 1 box of Ghirardelli dark chocolate brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 16 Reese’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups (miniatures—not the super tiny ones)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Follow the directions on the back of the brownie mix box and bake as directed. For this recipe, use a greased 8×8 baking pan or oven-safe dish.
- While brownies are baking, unwrap the 16 peanut butter cups and set aside.
- As soon as brownies are done (toothpick comes back clean—though I don’t mind if they are a little gooey), remove from oven and place on stove top.
- Immediately place peanut butter cups on top of brownies in four rows of four, with the larger surface of peanut butter cup facing down.
- Once the chocolate starts to melt (3-4 minutes), take a spoon and smooth the melted chocolate around so that it is evenly dispersed over the brownies.
- Allow to cool for fifteen minutes then transfer to refrigerator for at least one hour.
I often make these the night before and let them sit in the refrigerator overnight, but they are usually ready (with the peanut butter cup layer hardened) after a 1-2 hours.