- 2 cups previously cooked long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, for frying
Peanut butter sauce
- 2 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare white rice using instructions on packaging, let cool and set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop all vegetables into finely chopped pieces.
- To make the “peanut butter sauce,” place butter in microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften, stir in soy sauce and garlic powder until mixed. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, bring oil to medium-high heat.
- Fry one egg until no longer runny and break into small pieces using the tip of a spatula.
- Add vegetables to the wok and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add rice and stir in “peanut butter” sauce until well mixed. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. Serve immediately.
I’ve found fully cooled or day-old rice works best. It doesn’t clump together when frying.