- 2 pounds sirloin steak tips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (for searing)
Beer Teriyaki Marinade
- 1/3 cup beer (IPA or Pale Ale)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine beer teriyaki marinade ingredients in a blender or bowl. Whisk vigorously for 1-2 minutes or blend for 30 seconds until spices and oils are well combined. Transfer marinade into a plastic container with a lid or large ziplock bag. Marinade steaks for 8-24 hours.
- Remove bag/container from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking so the steak and marinade can reach room temperature.
- Bring a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add steak tips, discarding any excess marinade (do not pour in sauce).
- Sear steaks for 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare. Depending on the thickness, it may take more or less time.
Olive oil may start to solidify after several hours in cold temperature. This is normal and should not be cause for concern. Olive oil will return to its normal liquid state when it reaches room temperature.
These can also be grilled for larger groups.
Temperatures for steak:
Rare: 130°F to 135°F
Medium Rare: 140°F to 145°F
Medium: 155°F to 160°F
Well Done: 165°F to 170°F