I’m obsessed with tequila these days. I’m always looking for new ways to use it in different types of cocktails besides margaritas. tequila martinis? This could be a new trend.
I really don’t know what to call this strawberry cucumber and elderflower concoction. It’s not really a strawberry margarita but at the same time it could be if you served it on the rocks. I personally don’t like strawberry margaritas so I’ll admit it’s not really the same taste. It’s not too sweet and most of the flavor comes from the fresh muddled cucumbers and strawberries. I had something very similar at an Italian restaurant called “Del Sol.” Basically, it’s sun in a glass or Italian Mexican martini? I don’t know so I’ll let you decide. Either way it’s incredibly refreshing.
- 2½ ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce elderflower liqueur
- 1 ounce passion fruit juice
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- 2 strawberries, muddled
- 2 cucumber slices, muddled
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle strawberries and cucumber slices.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the cocktail shaker and shake well with ice.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and serve immediately.