- 1 pound PRE 92% Lean Ground Beef, made into 2 8 oz patties (or 3 5oz)
- 2 brioche buns, buttered and toasted
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 inch thick cut red onion slice, grilled
- leaf or romaine lettuce
- 2-3 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- melted butter, for toasting buns
Classic Whiskey Sour
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- cherry garnish
- Combine ground beef, blue cheese, salt, and garlic powder in a bowl. Thoroughly mix all ingredients together using your hands and form into 2 8 ounce burger patties (roughly 3/4 -1 inch thick). Lightly coat the edges of the burger with about 1 tablespoon of cracked black pepper (or to taste). More pepper will be slightly spicier.
- On medium-high heat, grill for 6-7 minutes per side, flipping once, until fully cooked through (for medium).
- Grill the entire slice of red onion for 2-3 minutes per side, separate slices when serving. Lightly toast the buttered buns flat side down. Top each burger with a slice of cheddar cheese for the last 30 seconds of grilling if desired.
- Assemble burgers with leaf lettuce, beef patty, grilled red onion, and chipolte mayonnaise.
For the whiskey sour
- Combine all ingredients except for the cherry in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Pour into a rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with cherry.