- 1 pound rigatoni or garganelli pasta
- 1 cup, finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta with a pinch of salt and cook al dente.
- Meanwhile, on medium heat, add butter and olive oil to a dutch oven or large skillet. When butter has melted, add and saute garlic for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onions and white wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and fresh basil, cooking for 3-4 minutes, until tomatoes soften.
- Strain the rigatoni and transfer to the skillet with the garlicky tomatoes. Fold until full coated in the sauce.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and serve immediately. Top with additional fresh basil, and Parmesan cheese if desired. Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes for extra kick.