Irresistible homemade 2-ingredient peanut butter cups made with vegan chocolate chips and natural creamy peanut butter.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks)
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter (I use Teddy’s Salted Smooth)
- Extra peanut butter for the filling
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Heat until smooth and fully melted. Stir in peanut butter until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Fill a muffin tin with liners. Fill cups with a small spoonful of chocolate, spreading so you have an even layer that is roughly 1/8 inch thick (about 1 scant tablespoon). Jiggle the pan to smooth the chocolate out.
- Place a small dollop of peanut butter in the center of each cup, about 1 teaspoon. Top with another 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate sauce to cover the peanut butter. Use the spoon to gently spread and cover the peanut butter. Jiggling the tin will help to distribute the chocolate sauce and smooth the top. Touch up the top with a little extra chocolate as needed.
- Cover with foil and freeze for 30 minutes. Enjoy frozen or let rest on the counter for 5 minutes before eating.
These are best stored in the freezer in a sealed container so they stay fresh. Keep them in the liners and stack them in a Tupperware container.
This recipe works best with smooth natural peanut butter because it’s a little runnier and easily drizzles off the spoon. Chocolate should still be slightly warm when assembling for easy handling.
- Serving Size: 1 peanut butter cup
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 9.7g
- Sodium: 42mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 14.3g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: homemade peanut butter cups