Party wings tossed in salt, pepper, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, and of course garlic powder! They’re crispy, super flavorful, and pair perfectly with a nice bitter IPA.
- 1 1/2–2 pounds chicken party wings (wingette and drummette separated)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional minced parsley for garnish
- Optional sliced carrots, celery, and ranch dressing for dipping
- In a large bowl, toss wings in oil and then season generously with salt and pepper. Add garlic powder and parmesan cheese and toss until evenly coated.
- Transfer wings to a 4-5 quart air fryer arranging as evenly as possible in the basket. Air fry at 375°F for 22-26 minutes, or until wings are fully cooked through (I did not preheat air fryer but check instructions with your air fryer for best results). Toss the wings every 5 minutes throughout the cooking process to ensure even cooking. Once removed from the fryer, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan cheese and optional parsley and serve immediately with ranch dressing.
If cooking closer to 3 pounds of wings, it may take closer to 30 minutes to fully cook the wings, depending on the size of your air fryer. Do not overfill.
Make sure you opt for the finely grated parmesan and not coarsely grated. It will adhere much better.
This method works for any wing recipe honestly. If using sauces such as buffalo sauce, I recommend prepping the wings by tossing in olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper. Air fry the wings first, then toss in buffalo sauce/whatever sauce you’re using just before serving. This prevents a mess and makes for better tasting wings.
- Serving Size: 5 wings
- Calories: 578
- Sugar: .3g
- Sodium: 357mg
- Fat: 41.6g
- Saturated Fat: 11.3g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: .1g
- Protein: 47.9g
- Cholesterol: 148mg
Keywords: garlic and parmesan wings, chicken wing recipes