Party wings tossed in salt, pepper, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. They’re crispy, super flavorful, and pair perfectly with a nice bitter IPA.
- 1 1/2–2 pounds thawed chicken party wings (wingette and drummette separated)
- 1/4–1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional minced parsley for garnish
- Optional sliced carrots, celery, and ranch dressing for dipping
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture from the skin. This helps with crisping the skin.
- Toss wings in a bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil. A very light coating is all that is needed. Too much oil will result in pooling and smoking in the air fryer. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic powder and parmesan cheese and toss until evenly coated. Add more garlic powder as needed.
- Transfer wings to a 4-5 quart air fryer arranging them as evenly as possible in the basket with minimal overlap. Some overlap is OK, especially if you rotate them every 5-6 minutes.
- Air fry at 375°F for 22-26 minutes, or until wings are crispy and fully cooked through (at least 165°F internal temp for chicken). Toss the wings 2-3 times throughout the cooking process to ensure even cooking.
- Plate the wings and sprinkle a dusting of parmesan and optional fresh parsley. Serve immediately with optional carrots, celery, and ranch dressing.
Chicken wings can be cooked up to 180°F and remain juicy and tender due to their higher fat content.
I typically do not preheat my air fryer, however preheating for 2 minutes prior to cooking ensures faster cooking and an immediate blast of hot air from the start.
The easiest way to make finely grated parmesan is by using a blender or food processor. Cut cheese into small cubes and pulse until the desired texture is reached. Finer grated cheese makes for a better coating/dusting.
If cooking closer to 3 pounds of wings, it may take closer to 30 minutes to fully cook the wings, depending on the size of your air fryer. Do not overfill.
- Serving Size: 5 wings
- Calories: 578
- Sugar: .3g
- Sodium: 357mg
- Fat: 41.6g
- Saturated Fat: 11.3g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: .1g
- Protein: 47.9g
- Cholesterol: 148mg
Keywords: garlic and parmesan wings, chicken wing recipes