The Aviation is of my all time favorite classic cocktails from the early 1900’s. Gin, maraschino liqueur (cherry), crème de violette, and fresh lemon juice.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 ounces maraschino liqueur (Luxardo)
- 1/4 ounce crème de violette
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients (except the cherry) in a cocktail shaker with a cup of ice. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
Keywords: aviation cocktail