The bacon, egg, and avocado cheeseburger is the mother of all burgers and it has some serious swag…and no, it’s not healthy. It’s Summer and officially grilling season. What better way to celebrate than a mammoth juicy burger?
I’ve been deliberating on the perfect burger for a few months now. In my head, it just got bigger and bigger until I decided to throw every topping on this burger at once. But how do I build the perfect cheeseburger, Shawn?
What’s On The Burger?
Well, starting from the bottom:
- Leaf lettuce
- 85% lean 4-5 ounce beef patty
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 slices of bacon
- 3-4 slices of avocado
- 3 slices of thinly sliced red onion (you can grill if you prefer)
- Fried sunny side up runny egg
- Chipotle mayonnaise, aioli, or regular mayo
- Toasted buttered pretzel bun (usually found in bakery section of grocery store)
It’s insane but pure AWESOME.
A Griddle Really Comes in Handy
A rather involved cheeseburger but worth every ounce of effort and calories. I’m all about making things easy. If you have a large cast-iron griddle you can throw on the grill, you can fry your eggs and bacon and grill your burgers all on the same surface. Less back and forth between grill and stovetop but to each their own.
Finish off the bacon, egg, and avocado cheeseburger by violently stabbing a knife through the center of its heart because obviously that’s the only way the king of burgers could possibly be contained, or prevent it from eating you instead.
You’ll Also LovePrint
The ultimate fancy burger with all of the fixings. Bacon, fried egg, onions, lettuce, pickles, fancy mayo, and a grilled pretzel bun.
- 10 ounces 85% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon, garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon, Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pretzel buns, lightly toasted/grilled with butter
- 2 eggs, fried sunny side up
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4–6 slices bacon, fully cooked
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chipotle mayonaise
- Leaf lettuce (or romain)
- Combine ground beef, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Mix well and form into two ½-inch-thick patties, about 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Meanwhile, slice avocado, red onion, and prepare lettuce slices and set aside. On a griddle, skillet, or grill, cook burgers until fully cooked through, about 5-7 minutes per side. For the last minute top burgers with a slice of cheddar cheese until melted. Toast the buns for 1-2 minutes if desired.
- Meanwhile on your griddle or stove top, fully cook bacon and fry eggs sunny side up until egg whites are no longer runny or translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Assemble your burger starting with the lettuce, beef patty, 2-3 slices of bacon, 3-4 slices of avocado, 2-3 slices of red onion, one fried egg, and chipotle mayonnaise spread on the pretzel bun.
Keywords: egg burger, burger recipes