Baked salmon with cilantro and lime is a tangy Mexican inspired salmon entrée that is perfect for summer and super easy to clean up.
- 1 lb salmon filet, skin removed (on is OK too)
- 1/2 lime, juice squeezed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2–3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, garlic, honey, cilantro, olive oil, and cumin. Stir well and set aside.
- Season salmon filet with salt and pepper to taste and place on a large piece of greased tin foil. Fold up all four sides of the foil slightly to prevent the sauce from spilling onto the counter. Pour the cilantro lime sauce over the salmon.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon covering completely, and seal into a closed packet. Place directly on oven rack and bake until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Optional step: Open the foil exposing the top of the salmon and broil for the last 4-5 minutes, for a browned top. Top with additional cilantro or lime juice just before serving.
For larger pieces of salmon, you may need to layer two sheets of foil to fully wrap.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 436
- Sugar: 17.6g
- Sodium: 181mg
- Fat: 21.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 20.3g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 44.5g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
Keywords: salmon in foil, cilantro lime salmon