- 2 large russet potatoes, hand cut into fries
- 1 12 ounce beer (IPA, pale ale, or lager)
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into ¼ – ½ inch thick cut fries. Do not remove the skin. Soak in a medium sized bowl for 1-2 hours, fully submerged, in beer of your choice. Hoppy beers will add more flavor
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Remove fries from beer, shaking off any excess, and move to another bowl. Toss in garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil until evenly coated. Transfer to a greased baking sheet and spread evenly with the least amount of overlap possible.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and crispy. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.