Savory blackened salmon, pan-seared until golden, and served in warm tortillas with mango salsa and creamy lime sauce.
- 1–1/2 pounds salmon filet, cut into 6–8 ounce portions and skin removed
- 1–2 teaspoons blackening seasoning ( I like Old Bay Lemon & Herb)
- 10–12 flour or corn small taco-sized tortillas
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
jalapeno mango salsa
- 1 diced mango (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 lime, juice squeezed
- 4–5 slices fresh jalapeno, diced *see note*
creamy lime sauce
- 2 heaping tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 lime, juice squeezed
- splash of water, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and bake for 7-10 minutes before serving to warm/steam.
- Combine mango jalapeno salsa ingredients in a small bowl, stir to mix, and set aside.
- Combine the creamy lime sauce in a small bowl, mix until smooth, and set aside. This along with the salsa can be made in advance.
- Season salmon all over with blackening seasoning (sides, bottom, top). This should be done to taste but I like a healthy dose that completely covers the salmon.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, sear salmon until golden and fully cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side for medium.
- Use the tip of a spatula to break the salmon into bite-sized chunks for easy taco assembly.
- Serve salmon tacos topped with jalapeno salsa and creamy lime sauce.
TEST your jalapenos before adding. Some tend to be very spicy, while others are more mild. The salsa is mild overall, however add more or less jalapeno depending on preference (I left out the seeds).
Corn tortillas tend to be more brittle than flour tortillas. I prefer to briefly toast my corn tortillas in a pan with cooking spray. It works much better than microwave steaming and tastes phenomenal. Sear in a large pan on medium heat with cooking spray. 1 minute per side should do the trick. You can of course use the simple oven method as suggested.
- Serving Size: 3 tacos
- Calories: 671
- Sugar: 16.3
- Sodium: 880mg
- Fat: 24.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 70.4g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 40g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
Keywords: fish tacos, salmon tacos, blackened salmon