How to make and garnish the perfect Bloody Mary cocktail. The classic Bloody Mary is the ultimate brunch cocktail.
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 lemon wedge, juice squeezed
- 1 lime wedge, juice squeezed
- 4–5 ounces tomato juice
- 2–4 dashes hot sauce
- 1–2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Celery salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Green olives (both stuffed and regular)
- Baby pickles (sweet or dill)
- Hot peppers (jalapenos, pepperoncini)
- Hot sauces
- BACON (both candied and regular)
- Sliced lemons and limes
- Cooked shrimp
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon and lime wedges into a cocktail shaker and toss them in. Combine all remaining ingredients, except garnishes in the shaker (without ice). Shake vigorously for 10 seconds until fully mixed.
- Pour (not strain) into a pint glass with a cup of fresh ice. Garnish to preference and serve.
Hosting brunch? A bloody mary bar is where it’s at. You can premix the base ingredients below in a large pitcher (without booze) and serve with various garnishes. Guests can choose the base liquor, easily add the homemade mary mix, and garnish to their heart’s content.
- Serving Size: 1 (without garnishes)
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 5.9g
- Sodium: 447mg
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: bloody mary recipe