A citrusy, tart, and slightly sweet bourbon cocktail that will remind you of fresh lemonade. Thanks to the mint and ginger beer, this cocktail takes on a new level of complex flavor.
- 1 1/4 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 2–3 fresh mint leaves, gently muddled
- 2 dashes Fee Brothers rhubarb bitters
- Splash ginger beer or soda water
- Gently muddle the simple syrup and mint leaves in a cocktail shaker.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the ginger beer. Fill with ice and shake.
- Double strain into a chilled coupe glass. Top with a splash of ginger beer for a little fizz.
You can use ginger beer or soda water to add a splash of bubbles. Whichever you have on hand or prefer!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: .6g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: lemonade cocktail, bourbon cocktails, bourbon lemonade