Manhattan lovers listen up. The Brooklyn cocktail is a classic whiskey drink made with maraschino liqueur, dry vermouth, and bitters.
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 1/4 ounce Amer Picon, Ramazzotti, Montenegro (Amaro), or 2 dashes each of Angostura and orange bitters
- Luxardo cherry garnish
- Combine all ingredients (except the cherry) in a mixing glass filled halway with ice.
- Stir vigorously and strain into a chilled coupe or Nick and Nora glass. Garnish with a Luxardo cherry.
Amer Picon is very difficult to find in the US so many bartenders substitute with an Italian Amaro such as Ramazzotti or Montenegro.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 3.3g
- Sodium: 9mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4.1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: brooklyn cocktail recipe, brooklyn drink