Buffalo chicken pizza made with grilled (or crispy) chicken, fresh mozzarella, red onions, and buffalo sauce.
- 18–20 ounces pizza dough
- 1 8 ounce chicken breast cut into bite-sized cubes (fully cooked)
- 6–7 1/4 inch slices fresh mozzarella ball (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- sliced fresh jalapeno
- 1/3 cup flour (for crust)
- Pinch of salt
- Ranch/blue cheese dressing on the side for serving
- Preheat the oven to 500°F and place the pizza stone in the oven and let preheat for one hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes and cook on medium heat in a small oiled saucepan or skillet. fully cook until golden, remove from the heat, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of buffalo sauce until lightly covered. Set aside.
- Roll out the dough into a 12-inch crust. Sprinkle evenly with a little salt.
- Place a small handful of flour onto the pizza peel and spread evenly to prevent the dough from sticking to the pizza peel.
- Transfer the dough onto the peel. Evenly coat with buffalo sauce leaving a ½ inch crust. Add the chicken, fresh mozzarella, and finish with sliced red onion and optional jalapeno slices.
- Slide the finished pizza onto the pizza stone and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Be sure to carefully watch the oven because all ovens will cook at different rates. Sometimes it will only take 10 minutes to fully cook. Remove from the oven, let cool, and serve.
Test your jalapenos before topping your pizza. Some are HOT while others are very mild.
You can substitute chicken breast for crispy chicken if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 579
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Sodium: 974mg
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 70.4
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 40.6g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
Keywords: buffalo chicken pizza