- 18–20 ounces pizza dough
- 1 8 ounce chicken breast cut into bite sized cubes
- 6–7 1/4 inch slices fresh mozzarella (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cornmeal (for crust)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (for crust)
- Preheat the oven to 500° F and place the pizza stone in the oven and let preheat for one hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite sized cubes and cook on medium heat in a small saucepan. fully cook and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of buffalo sauce until lightly covered and set aside.
- Roll out the dough into a 12 inch crust. Sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or to taste.
- Place a small handful of cornmeal onto the pizza peel and spread evenly to prevent the dough from sticking to the pizza peel.
- Transfer the dough onto the peel. Evenly coat with buffalo sauce leaving a ½ inch crust. Add the chicken, fresh mozzarella and finish with sliced red onion.
- Slide finished pizza onto the pizza stone and bake for 15 minutes. Be sure to carefully watch the oven because all ovens will cook at different rates. Sometimes it will only take 10 minutes to fully cook.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and serve.