A twist on the classic crab rangoon. Buffalo sauce, shredded chicken, and cream cheese, fried together in a wonton for the perfect golden buffalo chicken wonton.
- 1 boneless chicken breast, fully cooked and shredded
- 12-ounce package wonton wraps
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (not hot sauce)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Vegetable/canola oil for frying (24-48 ounces depending on volume and pot size)
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil and add chicken. Lower to medium heat and cover. Simmer for 15-17 minutes until chicken fully cooked through. Remove and shred using a fork until fine.
- Combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, onion powder, and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix well until fully combined and creamy.
- Place a won ton on a flat surface and spoon a heaping teaspoon of buffalo chicken filling in the center. Using your finger, wet all four edges of the won ton with water and fold over into a triangle, pinching the edges to seal the rangoon together.
- Fill a large dutch oven with 1-2 inches of canola or vegetable oil and place on high heat until roughly 360 °F. Once hot, place 5-6 rangoons in the dutch oven at a time, and fry until golden. About 20-30 seconds per rangoon, flipping if necessary to ensure even cooking. They will cook fast so be sure to monitor. The edges will burn quickly.
- Place on a paper towel and allow to slightly cool before serving.
Keywords: buffalo chicken rangoons, buffalo chicken won tons