- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 1 pound of butternut squash, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup of butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup fresh grated pecorino romano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- shaved parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and chopped butternut squash pieces at the same time. Cook pasta until al dente; butternut squash will be done at same time, should be soft enough to easily pierce with a fork.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter until melted. Add in minced garlic, sauté until fragrant. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar stirring until evenly combined, about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to sauce to taste.
- Once pasta is done ready, strain the pasta and butternut squash, add to the saucepan.
- Add pecorino romano cheese and toss completely to coat.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.