If you’re a buffalo chicken lover, this stuffed buffalo chicken is JUST FOR YOU. This recipe consists of a cheesy, creamy buffalo filling that is stuffed inside a chicken breast and baked topped with even more buffalo sauce. It’s juicy, savory, and full of so much buffalo flavor.
It essentially tastes like buffalo chicken stuffed with your favorite buffalo chicken dip. It’s a magical recipe and it’s really easy to pull together.
The Buffalo Filling
The buffalo filling consists of cream cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, buffalo sauce, finely chopped celery, and blue cheese crumbles (chunky blue cheese dressing works too). Mix the filling into a creamy paste and then stuff the chicken generously. I used just about all of the buffalo filling in 4 8-ounce chicken breasts.
The celery is optional but provides a nice crunch. You can also add finely chopped carrots too. I used mozzarella cheese but cheddar could also be substituted.
Slicing the Chicken
The only real tricky part is slicing an even pocket inside each chicken breast. Your best bet is to start with an 8-ounce chicken breast and use the tip of a shape knife to slice an even pocket into the thicker side of the chicken.
- Start with the smooth side (top) of the chicken breast facing up. It helps to place your palm flat on top when slicing. Pro tip: be mindful and don’t slice through your hand.
- Be sure not to cut all the way through the chicken and leave the edges intact. Picture a pita pocket.
- Don’t cut too close to the bottom of the chicken or it may not be even or split apart. You’re better off slicing closer to the top of the breast to ensure a more even slice.
- If you slice too low and the bottom half has a hole or is flimsy, it’s OK, do not panic. Simply make another cut higher up and you’ll be fine.
Baking the Chicken
Bake chicken at 375°F for 30-35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Just to note, cook times may vary depending on thickness.
You’re going to want to bake the chicken in an oven-safe skillet or high rimmed baking dish. The moisture from the chicken and buffalo filling will pool at the bottom of the pan. Plus I like to drizzle everything will extra buffalo sauce just before serving.
Somehow, this recipe is even better as leftovers.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Buffalo chicken rangoons
- Honey buffalo wings
- Buffalo chicken mac and cheese
- Buffalo chicken calzone
- Buffalo chicken pizza
Simple baked buffalo chicken stuffed with a creamy buffalo filling made with cream cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, buffalo sauce, finely chopped celery, and blue cheese crumbles.
- 4 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Extra buffalo sauce for topping
- Ranch dressing for garnish
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 celery stalk, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles or chunky blue cheese dressing
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all buffalo filling ingredients in a small bowl. Mix into a creamy paste and set aside.
- Start with the smooth side (top) of the chicken breast facing up. Use the tip of a sharp knife to carefully slice a pocket into the thicker side of the chicken breast. It helps to place your palm flat on top when slicing. Be sure not to cut all the way through the chicken and leave the edges intact. Picture a pita pocket. Don’t cut too close to the bottom of the chicken or it may not be even or split apart at the bottom. You’re better off slicing closer to the top of the breast to ensure a more even slice and pocket.
- Stuff the chicken with the buffalo filling using a spoon. It’s okay if the chicken is generously filled. I used nearly all of the filling but had a little leftover.
- Arrange chicken in a cast iron skillet or high rimmed baking dish and season all over with salt and pepper, to taste. Brush each chicken breast with a tablespoon of buffalo sauce and bake for 30-35 minutes or until internal temp reads 165°F.
- Remove from the oven and let chicken cool for 5 minutes. Top each piece of chicken with an additional tablespoon of buffalo sauce and a quick drizzle of ranch dressing. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
If you slice chicken too low and the bottom half has a hole or is flimsy, it’s OK, do not panic. Simply make another cut higher up and you’ll be fine.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 361
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 635mg
- Fat: 14.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 57.1g
- Cholesterol: 182mg
Keywords: stuffed chicken breast, stuffed buffalo chicken