Crispy, tender homemade shredded hash browns seasoned with a homemade hash brown blend of spices (garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika), tossed with olive oil and baked for the ultimate golden crunchy finish.
- 3–4 medium russet potatoes, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese optional
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Grate potatoes (no need to peel) using a large-holed cheese grater. Thoroughly rinse shredded potatos in a large mesh sieve or small holed colander. Rinse until water runs clear.
- Drain the potatoes by placing them on a clean dish towel. Roll up and wring out the excess water by twisting over the sink. You need to get as much water out as possible so potatoes can crisp up.
- Transfer grated potatoes to a large bowl and toss with oil, cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Evenly arrange on a greased 11X17 baking sheet, gently pressing down with your hands so they adhere to each other. Bake for 35-40 until golden and crispy.
Hash browns can also be made with Idaho or Yukon gold potatoes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 164mg
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 23.3g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 4.9g
Keywords: oven hash browns, baked hash browns