Creamy pasta tossed with tender broccoli and thinly sliced chicken. It’s a full meal with everything you need. That’s what I love about it. Veggies, protein, carbs all in one bowl.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 bunch (12 ounces) broccoli, cut into florets
- 12 ounces ziti
- 1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3–4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add ziti and cook al dente. In the last 3 minutes, add broccoli and boil for 2-3 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat in a large pan or cast-iron skillet. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and fully cook through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove chicken and transfer to a bowl, leaving juices behind. Cover chicken with foil to keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter and add onion and garlic to the skillet. Simmer until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Do not burn. Add chicken broth, cream, and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Simmer/boil for about 7 minutes until slightly reduced. Add parmesan cheese and corn starch and stir/whisk until thickened.
- Return pasta and broccoli to the skillet and toss in the sauce. Add chicken and continue to toss until everything is well coated and warm.
- Serve with crushed red pepper flakes and additional parmesan cheese!
I highly recommend boiling the broccoli as the recipe suggests to ensure it’s not too tough. Do not overcook or it will get mushy. You can use white wine in addition to chicken broth if you have a limited amount.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 466
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 465mg
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated Fat: 7.2g
- Carbohydrates: 47.9g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 34.8g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
Keywords: Chicken broccoli ziti, chicken broccoli and ziti