- 16–20 ounces pizza dough
- 6–7 fully cooked crispy chicken tenders, sliced (I like Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips)
- 8 ounce bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- flour for dough
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. If using frozen chicken tenders, cook them ahead of time according to the directions on the package. Slice into smaller strips and set aside.
- Meanwhile, roll out the dough into a 12 inch circle, like you would pizza crust.
- Choose one half, and spread 1/2 cup of pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a one inch border around the edge. Top the same half with 1 cup mozzarella cheese, all parmesan cheese, and chicken tenders.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the filling to the opposite edge, forming a half moon shape. Pinch the ends together to seal.
- Place calzone on a greased baking sheet and baste the top with melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the calzone from the oven and top evenly (again leaving a 1 inch crust around the edges) with 1/4 cup pizza sauce and about 1/2 a cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5-7 minutes, and slice into strips for serving.