A rich and simple dark chocolate cheesecake with a serious Oreo twist and melted chocolate ganache.
For the crust
- 24 Oreos, crushed (do not have to remove filling)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
For the filling
- 4 8-ounce packages cream cheese (room temp)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips, melted (I use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao bittersweet)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
For the ganache
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Extra crushed and halved Oreos for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove cream cheese from the fridge to soften.
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 8 to 10-inch springform pan.
- For the crust, place 24 Oreo cookies in large Ziplock bag and finely crush with a rolling pin. Mix with butter in a bowl. Press crust mixture into the bottom of the greased springform pan and bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In another bowl or stand mixer, mix the cream cheese on a medium-low speed until creamy and soft, about 1 minute. Add all remaining cheesecake filling ingredients and mix until fully incorporated on medium-low speed. Spread filling evenly over Oreo crust.
- Place the cheesecake back in the oven and bake for 30 minutes; the center of the cheesecake should jiggle just slightly with a gentle shake of the pan.
- Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake sit in the oven with the door slightly cracked for 30 more minutes, then let sit on the countertop for another 30 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
For the ganache
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream over medium heat. As soon as the cream begins to boil, remove from heat and immediately whisk in chocolate chips, stirring constantly until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and carefully slide off the removable metal bottom. If you’re nervous about damaging the cake, you can absolutely leave it on the bottom base. Pour ganache over the cheesecake, starting in the center and spiraling out to the edges; use a silicone spatula to gently spread the ganache to the edges, letting it drip a little.
- Top ganache with crushed and halved Oreos as desired. Place back in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to let the ganache set. Serve and enjoy the chocolatey goodness! As an added bonus, dip the Oreo halves in ganache before placing them on the top.
To cut Oreo halves, use a large serrated bread knife and slowly saw through the cookie.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 479
- Sugar: 27.1g
- Sodium: 383mg
- Fat: 33.3g
- Saturated Fat: 19.8g
- Carbohydrates: 40.5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
Keywords: chocolate oreo cheesecake