Our classic family pumpkin bread recipe layered with swirls of chocolate ganache and chocolate chips.
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached White All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4–1/3 semi-sweet chocolate chips (reserved for layers)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, milk, and eggs in a bowl. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the same bowl. Whisk together until smooth and free of any lumps.
- For the ganache: In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, bring cream to a slight simmer and immediately remove from the heat. Do not boil. Add the chocolate chips and stir until fully mixed in and completely smooth.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into a greased 9×5 loaf pan. Drizzle with 1/4 cup ganache and a sprinkle of chocolate chips. Repeat 2 more times.
- Bake for 55-60 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool and serve.
Any canned pumpkin purre should work, just be sure not to get pumpkin pie mix. You don’t want pre-spiced pumpkin puree.
You can alternatively mix the extra chocolate chips directly into the batter rather than sprinkling between layers.
- Serving Size: 1/10 slice
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 41g
- Sodium: 264mg
- Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrates: 61.8g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
Keywords: pumpkin bread, chocolate pumpkin bread