Crispy baked coconut cod breaded with shredded coconut and panko crumbs.
- 1 pound cod or haddock filet, cut into 6–8 ounce portions
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Half a lime, juice squeezed
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish
- Lime wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Warm the honey in a microwave-safe cup for 15 seconds with a splash of water so it can be easily mixed.
- Combine the honey, lime juice and egg in a small bowl, whisk until honey dissolves. Set aside. Combine the panko crumbs and shredded coconut on a plate or pie dish. Mix and set aside.
- Pat the cod filets dry using a paper towel, season each side with salt and pepper.
- Dip the filets in the egg mixture and then dredge in the coconut/breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. If you would like more toasted coconut, broil on high for an additional 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately sprinkled with cilantro and with lime wedges.
I’ve found cod or haddock is best prepared in small 6-8 ounce fillets. It’s much easier to prepare and serve due to cod’s very flaky nature. If you buy a large 1-2 pound cod filet, cut it width-wise into smaller individual portions for best results.
- Serving Size: 1/2 pound
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 10.3g
- Sodium: 223mg
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 17.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 56g
- Cholesterol: 207mg
Keywords: panko crusted cod, baked cod with panko, coconute cod, cod recipes