- 1 pound cod or haddock filet (Halved or whole)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Half a lime, juice squeezed
- Lime wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Warm the honey in a microwave safe bowl so it can be easily mixed.
- Combine the honey, lime juice and egg in a small bowl, whisk until honey dissolves. Set aside. Combine the panko crumbs and shredded coconut on a plate or pie dish. Mix and set aside.
- Pat the cod filets dry using a paper towel, season each side with salt and pepper.
- Dip the filets in the egg mixture and then dredge in the coconut/breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. If you would like more toasted coconut, broil on high for an additional 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately with a lime wedge.