What to do with the leftover corned beef and potatoes from Saint Paddy’s? You could eat it every day for the next three days or you could make delicious corned beef hash with eggs.
- 2–3 cups potatoes, precooked and diced
- 2 cups corned beef, precooked and diced
- 1 cup carrots, precooked and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- 2–3 tablespoons, olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- garnish with fresh or flaked parsley
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium heat in a 12 inch cast iron skillet. Add onions, let simmer for 1 minute. Add potatoes, corned beef, carrots and spices. Let saute until potatoes are golden and begin to crisp, about 10 minutes. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- create four small wells in the hash using the back of a spoon. Crack the eggs into the wells and bake for 10 minutes or until eggs reach desired level of doneness. 10 minutes will render runny yokes.
This recipe is intended to be made with previously cooked corned beef, potatoes and carrots leftover from Saint Patrick’s Day!
Keywords: corned beef hash, corned beef hash and eggs, irish breakfast