A classic Cosmopolitan cocktail recipe made with vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry juice, and fresh lime juice.
- 1 1/2 ounce vodka (or citron-flavored vodka)
- 1 ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a cup of ice (half a lime squeezed is about 1/2 an ounce)
- Shake vigorously and double strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Serve straight up and garnish with a lime wheel or a lemon twist. Optionally express/twist a lemon peel over the cocktail to release the oils and add a fresh citrus aroma.
the original recipe called for citron-flavored vodka (Absolute Citron for example), however, I use unflavored vodka. I encourage you to experiment with both!
This drink can be made with cranberry juice or cranberry juice cocktail. Cranberry juice is 100% juice with added juices (usually apple juice) to balance the tartness of the cranberries. Cranberry juice cocktail is cranberry juice with added sugar.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 9.7g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cosmo, cosmopolitan cocktail