Soft on the inside, with a crispy coating, avocado fries are the perfect deep-fried savory snack or appetizer.
- 2 avocados, sliced into thin wedges and peels removed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs (or panko crumbs)
- pinch, garlic powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- canola/vegetable oil for frying
Ginger soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground (or fresh grated) ginger
Garlic lime aioli (fancy mayo)
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- half a lime, juice squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon of sriracha
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together aioli ingredients in a small serving bowl. Stir well. Add ginger and soy sauce to another small serving both and place both in fridge.
- Place flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs intro three separate bowls, and set aside. Note: you may want to start by adding 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and add more as you need it. The breadcrumbs tend to clump together when breading. This will keep the coating more even.
- Slice avocados in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, and slice into 1/2 inch wedges lengthwise with the skin still on. Carefully peel the skin off each sliced wedge. This keeps your slices intact as you cut.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan with 1-2 inches of oil to medium-high heat.
- Dredge slices in flour, then egg, and then coat in breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- Once the oil is hot, fry 2-3 avocado slices at a time for roughly 15 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and set on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving with aioli and ginger soy sauce.
You want the avocados to be perfectly ripe, not hard but not too mushy. Maybe a pinch firmer than your ideal “guacamole-ready” avocados. These can alternatively be baked at 400°F for about 15-20 minutes or until golden. Have an air fryer? That should work too.
- Serving Size: About 10 fries
- Calories: 368
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Sodium: 236mg
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
Keywords: avocado fries, fried avocado fries