- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 2 fresh basil leaves, muddled
- 3 slices cucumber, muddled
- coat the rim of a margarita glass with salt.
- Combine basil, cucumber, and simple syrup in a Boston shaker. Muddle well until pulverized.
- Add all remaining ingredients with a handful of ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Strain (using a fine strainer) into a chilled margarita glass over fresh crushed ice (this is to keep out the pulp from the cucumber and basil).
- Garnish with a cucumber wheel and serve