Deliciously crispy air fried wings tossed in a simple dry rub consisting of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
- 1 1/2–2 pounds chicken party wings (wingette and drummette separated)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced carrots, celery, and ranch dressing for serving
- Season wings generously with salt and pepper. Toss in a bowl with olive oil until evenly coated. Add all spices and toss until fully coated in the dry rub.
- Transfer wings to a 4-5 quart air fryer arranging as evenly as possible in the basket. Air fry at 375°F for 22-26 minutes, or until wings are fully cooked through (I did not preheat air fryer but check instructions with your air fryer for best results). Toss the wings 2-3 times throughout the cooking process to ensure even cooking. Serve immediately with optional carrots, celery, and ranch dressing.
If cooking closer to 3 pounds of wings, it may take closer to 30 minutes to fully cook the wings, depending on the size of your air fryer. Do not overfill.
This method works for any wing recipe honestly. If using sauces such as buffalo sauce, I recommend prepping the wings by tossing in olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper. Air fry the wings first, then toss in buffalo sauce/whatever sauce you’re using just before serving. This prevents a mess and makes for better tasting wings.
- Serving Size: 4-5 wings
- Calories: 361
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Sodium: 341mg
- Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Fiber: .03g
- Protein: 44.8g
- Cholesterol: 162mg
Keywords: air fryer chicken wings