Crispy, seared grilled salmon topped with basil infused compound butter.
- 2 6-8 ounce salmon filets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2–3 basil leaves, minced
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- 6 ounces broccolini
- 1–2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the compound butter, place the butter into a small microwave safe bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds. Mash in minced basil and half of the garlic until well combined. Place onto a small sheet of tinfoil and roll up, doing your best to reshape into a log. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Season both sides of the salmon filets with salt and pepper to taste and set aside. Place the broccolini in a medium bowl and toss with olive oil and remaining garlic. Set aside.
- Lightly brush the grilling surface with olive oil and grill salmon for 5-6 minutes per side for medium. At the same time, add the broccolini. Occasionally turning until slightly charred and golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve each salmon filet topped with a slice of basil butter and a side of grilled broccolini.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Sodium: 190mg
- Fat: 25.5g
- Saturated Fat: 9.3g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 44.8g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
Keywords: grilled salmon, basil butter, salmon and basil