Crispy, seared grilled salmon topped with basil infused compound butter.
- 2 6-8 ounce salmon filets, skin removed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened/room temp)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 garlic glove
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oil or spray for grill grates
- For the compound butter, place herbs and garlic in a food processor or blender. Pulse until finely chopped. Add butter and blend until thoroughly mixed. You may need to wipe the walls of the food processor a few times with a rubber spatula to incorporate. Season with salt to taste. Alternatively, use salted butter and omit salt. Transfer to a bowl. Can be made a day in advance.
- Season all sides of the salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Clean the grates well and oil with a grill-safe spray or brush with oil. This prevents the salmon from sticking.
- Grill salmon for 4-5 minutes per side for medium.
- Serve each salmon filet topped with a quenelle of basil butter. This works best with a hot spoon.
Do not substitute fresh herbs for dry. The final outcome will not be right. This recipe can alternately be pan-seared for 4 minutes per side.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Sodium: 190mg
- Fat: 25.5g
- Saturated Fat: 9.3g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 44.8g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
Keywords: grilled salmon, basil butter, salmon and basil