Steak and Lobster. Seared NY strip steak served with baked and buttered lobster tails.
- 1 12 ounce New York strip steak, cut in half
- 2 uncooked lobster tails (in the shell)
- 4 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, 2 whole, 1 minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Remove the steak from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking, this is to bring the steak to room temperature and ensure your cooking times are more accurate.
- Using kitchen shears (scissors), cut the tails down the center, through the end of the tail, on both the underside and top of the shell. Use a knife to slice the lobster meat in half, separating into two equal halves. (keeping lobster in the shell). Set aside.
- Combine 2 tablespoons melted butter, juice from half a lemon, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl. Stir until combined. Set aside. Combine Parmesan cheese and Ritz crackers in a Ziploc bag and crush until crackers are finely crushed.
- Season lobster tails with salt and pepper. Liberally baste the flesh side of each lobster tail with melted garlic herb butter and place on a baking sheet flesh side up. Set aside.
- Cut the strip steak in half widthwise, season both sides generously with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Add other 2 tablespoons of butter to an oven safe cast iron skillet and turn up high, allow the skillet to become very hot first. At this time, add the lobster tails to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Place the strip steaks face down and sear undisturbed for 2 minutes. Flip the steaks and sear for an additional 2 minutes. This will give your steak a nice seared edge.
- Add a clove of garlic and a sprig of fresh rosemary and immediately transfer your skillet directly to the oven. [WARNING] skillet may be hot, handle with oven mitts. For rare, bake for 4-5 minutes. Medium rare, 5-6 minutes. Medium, 6-7 minutes. Remember, depending on the size of the steak, the more or less time it will take. This recipe is ideal for a 12-14 ounce strip steak.
- Remove steaks from the oven. Using a spoon, drizzle the pan drippings from the skillet over each steak. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. After 5 minutes, your lobster tail should be ready. Serve each steak portion with 2 halves of lobster tails. Garnish each steak with a clove of roasted garlic and a portion of rosemary if desired.
Temperatures for steak
Rare: 120° F to 125° F
Medium rare: 125° F to 130° F
Medium: 135° F to 140° F
Medium well: 145° F to 150° F
Well done: 160° F and above
Keywords: steak and lobster recipe, surf and turf for two, surf and turf