- 3 cups basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (about 3 garlic gloves)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put basil leaves into a food processor. Add pine nuts, garlic and oregano. Pulse until mixture is incorporated, about 7 3-4 seconds bursts.
- With a spatula, slide any pesto that has creeped up the food processor bowl back towards the bottom. Add parmesan and pulse again until parmesan is mixd in.
- Carefully, while food processor is on, slowly pour the olive oil into pesto mixture. With a spatula, scrape pesto mix that has gone up the sides back down again, and pulse as needed to desired consistency. Pesto should have some solids and not too soupy or fine.