Simple steelhead trout recipe baked in foil with garlic, lemon, butter, and fresh herbs.
- 1 pound steelhead trout filet, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 a lemon, juice squeezed
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray and place the trout filet in the center. Fold up all 4 sides of the foil. Season trout with salt and pepper and then squeeze juice from half a lemon over the fish until covered.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, stir in fresh minced garlic, and drizzle over the trout until evenly coated. Top with fresh minced parsley.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the trout, covering completely, and seal into a closed packet. Place directly on oven rack and bake until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Optional step: Open the foil exposing the top of the trout and broil for the last 4-5 minutes, for a browned top.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 0.4g
- Sodium: 79mg
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 45.7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
Keywords: trout recipes, fish in foil, steelhead trout recipes