- 1 pound steelhead trout filet, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 a lemon, juice squeezed
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with cooking spray and place the trout filet in the center. Fold up all 4 sides of the foil. Season trout with salt and pepper and then squeeze juice from half a lemon over the fish until covered.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, stir in fresh minced garlic, and drizzle over the trout until evenly coated. Top with fresh minced parsley.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the trout, covering completely, and seal into a closed packet. Place directly on oven rack and bake until cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Optional step: Open the foil exposing the top of the trout and broil for the last 4-5 minutes, for a browned top.