The gin Old Fashioned is your basic Old Fashioned made with barrel-aged Old Tom gin, orange bitters, simple syrup, and a lemon peel.
- 2 ounces Old Tom gin (Ransom is popular)
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup or 1 sugar cube with a splash of water (muddled)
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1 lemon peel
- In a mixing glass or Boston shaker, combine simple syrup, bitters, and gin. Fill mixing glass halfway with ice, then stir vigorously about a dozen times.
- Strain into a double old-fashioned glass over a giant ice cube.
- Squeeze lemon peel over glass to extract oils, wipe the rim of the glass with the peel and add to the glass.
Keywords: gin old fashioned recipe