A twist on the classic gold rush cocktail recipe made with bourbon, lemon, honey, Apple Jack brandy, and fresh rosemary. A smooth, citrusy, and refreshing bourbon cocktail with fall vibes.
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Apple Jack brandy (you can skip and just use 2 ounces bourbon)
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2–3/4 ounce honey syrup
- 1 sprig of rosemary
Honey Syrup (Makes 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker or mixing glass. Gently muddle the rosemary to extract the oils.
- Fill the shaker with ice and stir vigorously for 10-15 seconds. Strain into a chilled coupe glass or with a giant ice cube in a double old fashioned glass. Garnish with 1/2 a sprig of rosemary.
- Heat water in a microwavable safe measuring cup for about 45 seconds to 1 minute until warm (not boiling).
- Sir in honey until fully dissolved and golden. Store in the fridge in a mason jar or plastic squeeze bottle for up to a month.
As mentioned the Apple Jack adds a nice apple cinnamon touch and delivers a unique taste to the drink. If you don’t have or want to buy, you can just use 2 ounces of bourbon instead.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 18.1g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.3g
Keywords: gold rush cocktail, bourbon and rosemary, Apple Jack recipes