Grilled chicken served with a tangy, Argentinian herb-based sauce made with fresh parsley, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, and spices.
- 3–4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin 1/2 inch thick strips that are 1 inch wide
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wooden skewers (soaked in water)
- 1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley, removed from stem
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh cilantro, removed from stem
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the chimichurri sauce, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth. Chimichurri should not be too fine or soupy. Set aside.
- Slice chicken into thin 1/2 inch thick strips. Place in a medium-sized bowl and toss with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Skewer about 2-3 strips of chicken per skewer.
- Heat up the grill to medium heat, clean grates well, and baste with olive oil.
- Grill skewers for about 3-5 minutes per side or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Drizzle kebabs with a liberal amount of chimichurri before serving. Serve with extra chimichurri sauce on the side.
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour to prevent burning on the grill.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 505
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 175mg
- Fat: 36.3g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 42.9g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
Keywords: chimichurri sauce, chicken chimichurri, chicken skewers