My favorite app ever. Marinated flank steak skewers prepared in a homemade teriyaki marinade with a hazy New England Style IPA.
- 1 pound flank steak
- Wooden skewers
flank steak marinade
- 1/2 cup beer (Hazy New England IPA or pale ale)
- 1 lemon, juice squeezed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place the steak on a cutting board and find the natural graining running lengthwise through the steak. Cut the steak into 1/4 inch thick slices AGAINST the grain. This is to ensure the steak is tender and easy to bite. If you slice with the grain, the meat will be much tougher to bite through.
- Whisk marinade ingredients in a bowl until combined. Place the steak strips and marinade in a large ziplock bag. Let marinade overnight or for 24 hours if desired.
- Let wooden skewers soak in water for roughly 30 minutes before grilling. This will prevent skewers from burning. Skewer two slices of steak on each skewer. Grill for roughly 3-4 minutes per side on medium-high heat for medium. Serve immediately.
A pound of flank steak makes about 10 skewers with two strips each on each skewer. This serves as a good light app for 4-5 people.
Oil will emulsify in the refrigerator. This is OK. It will return to liquid state if left on counter 30 minutes before skewering steak strips.
Keywords: Flank steak skewers, beef skewers