Easy grilled flatbread pesto margherita pizza recipe ideal for a hot summer night.
- 1 package pizza dough
- 8 ounces roughly mozzarella ball, sliced
- 1–2 diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce (freeze any leftover in ice cube trays for use later)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Slice the mozzarella into thin slices. Dice the tomatoes into cubes. Roll out the pizza dough to about 16 inches or so.
- Preheat the grill to about 350 degrees and clean. Carefully rub the grates with olive oil and place the dough onto the grill. Brush the upturned side lightly with olive oil. After about 4-5 minutes, flip and top with pesto, tomatoes, and mozzarella. Grill, covered, for about another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Turn off burners as needed keeping the grill cover closed.
- Once the cheese has melted, Take the pizza off the grill, cool, and slice. Enjoy!
Keywords: Grilled pizza, flatbread pizza