My grilled honey garlic chicken wings are grilled and slathered in a homemade sweet honey garlic wing sauce.
- 12–14 whole chicken wings or 24 party wings (wingette and drumette separated)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- thinly sliced green onion
Honey garlic sauce
- 1 orange, juice squeezed (1/3 cup OJ)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- For the honey garlic sauce: Heat sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent burning. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the wings: Season wings all over with salt and pepper. Preheat the grill on medium heat. Clean the grates well and lightly brush the grates with olive oil. Evenly disperse the wings on the grates and grill for 12-15 minutes, flipping as needed until golden brown and the meat is white and fully cooked through. Use a digital thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reads 165°F. See note below on baking wings.
- Remove wings from the grill and place on a plate. Generously baste all over with honey garlic sauce and top with green onions. Serve immediately.
If you don’t have access to a grill, you can simply bake the wings in the oven. Bake wings on a large baking sheet at 400°F for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serving Size: 3 wings
Keywords: chicken wing recipes, honey garlic wings, grilled chicken wings