This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase a product I recommend.
This post is sponsored by AdapTable ® Meals
Kalbi beef short ribs, also known as Korean short ribs are a flavorful and tender cut of beef that’s perfect for grilling. AdapTable Meals Kalbi Korean Style Bone-In Beef Short Ribs come pre-marinated and are grill-ready right out of the package. This recipe typically calls for extended marinating up to 72 hours to tenderize the meat. Luckily, AdapTable Meals handles all the prep work for you.
The first time I had these Korean short ribs I was honestly blown away. The Kalbi marinade tastes similar to a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce but it’s actually a traditional Korean BBQ sauce. The short ribs come thinly sliced, allowing them to cook really quickly on the grill with minimal effort. All you need to do is prepare a few simple sides and garnish with some thinly sliced green onions.
Grilling Kalbi Beef Short Ribs
Korean-style short ribs are cut “flanken” style meaning the ribs are cut into thin strips across the rib bones. They’re about 8 inches long and half of an inch thick. It’s great because it provides maximum tenderness and they can be eaten like your typical beef or pork rib. Grill short ribs for 3-4 minutes per side on medium heat or 400°F. You’ll get a nice sear and juicy tender inside that’s prepared medium.
Don’t have a grill? These can also be cooked on medium-high heat in a cast-iron skillet on the stovetop with similar cooking times. Always ensure the internal temp reaches 140°F with a digital thermometer.
Serving Kalbi Beef Short Ribs
These ribs are great served as a main course or appetizer. Typically, the ribs are separated by cutting them apart with scissors or a sharp knife after grilling, creating individual rounds of rib surrounded by tender beef. I found myself picking the bones clean of every last piece of meat.
For a complete meal, serve with jasmine rice and a super fresh Asian cucumber salad.
Asian Cucumber Salad
Cucumber salad is a really simple and refreshing summer salad idea. It’s something my folks made a lot when I was growing up. My spin is Asian-inspired, which makes the salad a little more flavorful. The best advice I have for you is to prepare all of the veggies in a bowl and then top everything with the dressing and mix thoroughly.
The dressing is a very light blend of sesame oil, soy sauce, spices, and vinegar. It’s more of a thin coating than anything. My only recommendation for this recipe is to use freshly grated ginger for maximum flavor.
You’ll Also Love
- Sweet and spicy chicken and broccoli bowls
- Shrimp stir fry with ramen
- Hibachi style chicken and broccoli
- Sesame orange cauliflower
- Beef and broccoli
- Beef bulgogi bowls
Grilled Kalbi Beef Korean Short Ribs Recipe
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Korean
Tender and delicious grilled Kalbi beef Korean style short ribs prepared in a sweet and savory marinade and served with white rice and Asian cucumber salad.
- 1 package AdapTable Meals Kalbi Korean Style Bone-In Beef Short Ribs
- 1 cup jasmine rice, uncooked
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Asian Cucumber Salad
- 2 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon table sugar
- dash crushed red peppers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the rice: Prepare rice according to the instructions on the package. I like a ratio of 1 cup rice to 1 1/2 cups water.
- For the Asian cucumber salad: Meanwhile, combine all cucumber salad ingredients (except for the cucumber, onion, and cilantro) in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside. Place cucumber, cilantro, and onion in a larger bowl. Pour dressing over cucumbers and toss until evenly coated.
- For the short ribs: Preheat grill to medium-high heat with the cover down. Clean the grates well. Lower heat to medium (about 400°F) and grill for about 4 minutes per side with the cover down. Ensure internal temp reaches 140°F. Let ribs rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with thinly sliced green onions and serve with jasmine rice and cucumber salad.
Don’t have a grill? These ribs can also be cooked on medium-high heat in a cast-iron skillet on the stovetop with similar cook times. Always ensure the internal temp reaches 140°F with a digital thermometer.
- Serving Size: 4 oz (ribs only)
- Calories: 360
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
Keywords: Korean style short ribs, Kalbi beef short ribs, Korean barbequed beef short ribs
Leave a Comment