Easy and delicious grilled pesto shrimp skewers loaded with pesto sauce, garlic, and fresh lemon juice.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounce jar pesto (or 1/2 cup fresh pesto)
- Wooden skewers for grilling
- Soak the wooden skewers in cool water for 20 minutes so they do not burn when grilled.
- Meanwhile, remove the tails from all the shrimp. In a large bowl add the shrimp, pesto, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and garlic. Toss the shrimp until completely covered in pesto sauce and let marinate in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Give the shrimp a final stir and add to skewers. I usually add 4-5 shrimp per skewer.
- Place on the grill and cook until fully cooked and shrimp start to slightly crisp up (cook until shrimp start to turn slightly orange and are no longer translucent), about 5-6 minutes per side.
- If you use pre-cooked shrimp you really only need about 3 minutes per side to warm up. Serve immediately.
Keywords: pesto shrimp skewers