Simple marinated teriyaki chicken skewered with fresh pineapple, green peppers, and red onions. Super fresh and the perfect blend of sweet and savory.
- 1 1/2–2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into rough 1-inch chunks (I like 2 layers thick for skewering)
- 1–2 green bell peppers, cut into rough 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki marinade, or as needed (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s, Sweet Teriyaki)
- Metal or wooden grilling skewers
- Optional chopped fresh cilantro and jalapeno for garnish
- Optional brown or jasmine rice for serving.
- Marinate chopped chicken for 8 hours covered in the refrigerator for best results. At a minimum, marinate for 1 hour. Soak wooden skewers submerged in water 30 minutes before grilling.
- Build skewers alternating pepper, onions, pineapple and chicken. This can be done however you please.
- Heat up the grill to medium heat, clean grates well, and baste with olive oil (or vegetable/canola) just before grilling skewers.
- Grill skewers for 2-3 minutes per side, rotating until all 4 sides have a nice sear. Chicken should be fully cooked through and no longer pink (160°F). Serve sprinkled with fresh chopped cilantro. This recipe is really good as a meal served over jasmine rice!
It’s OK to use larger than 1-inch chunks of veggies/protein, just be sure they’re all relatively uniform so skewers cook evenly and lay flat on the grill.
If you’re using wooden skewers, always soak in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent from burning too much. Serve skewers drizzled with plenty of chimichurri sauce and extra on the side. I guarantee you’ll be scraping the bottom of the chimichurri bowl by the end of the meal.
- Serving Size: 3 skewers
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 30.4
- Sodium: 1120mg
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 40.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 33.3g
- Cholesterol: 97mg
Keywords: grilled chicken skewers, grilled pineapple recipe, grilled teriyaki chicken