The Grand Marnier margarita is made with Añejo tequila, fresh lemon juice, and honey syrup. A refreshing and warm, winter buzz.
- 2 ounces Añejo or Reposado tequila
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce honey syrup
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- Lemon wheel for garnish
honey syrup (makes 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- To make honey syrup, combine warm water and honey in a glass and stir until honey is fully dissolved. I usually heat water in a glass measuring cup in microwave for 20-30 seconds and stir in honey.
- For the salted rim, take a lemon wedge and coat the rim of an old fashioned glass. Dip in margarita salt, rotating until coated.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Add a cup of ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Pour straight into the old fashioned glass with the (now crushed) ice from the shaker. Garnish with a lemon wheel.
Keywords: grand marnier margarita