My bourbon Hot Toddy, made with honey, fresh lemon juice, and a cinnamon stick, is sure to be the pick-me-up you need to get through the winter months.
- 3/4 cup, very hot water
- 1–1 1/2 ounces bourbon, rye or Applejack brandy*
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick for garnish
- Pour very hot water into a glass mug, stir in bourbon, lemon juice, and honey until fully disolved.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and cinnamon stick.
Use 1 ounce whiskey for more mild flavor, 1 1/2 if you’re not afraid of bourbon like me. Interestingly enough, hot water activates the bourbon, making it taste stronger.
Keywords: hot toddy recipe, bourbon hot toddy