Perfect, crispy grilled pizza that will rival anything you’ve ever had at your favorite pizza spot.
- 18–20 ounces pizza dough
- 1/2 cup Victoria’s Pizza Sauce or homemade pizza sauce
- 6–7 1/4 inch slices fresh mozzarella
- 3–4 basil leaves chopped or arranged in the center
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for crust
- pinch of salt
- extra olive oil for grill grates
Homemade pizza sauce
- 1 can (28 ounce) whole, peeled San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Preheat grill to medium heat, about 350 to 400° F.
- Meanwhile, roll out the dough into a large rectangle or oval. This is the best shape for grilling.
- Clean the grates well and brush with olive oil using a basting brush. Transfer dough to the grill (remember, no toppings yet) and cook for 5-7 minutes with the lid closed, or until bottom of crust is golden brown. Pierce any air bubbles that form with a fork.
- Flip the crust with a pizza peel or 2 large spatulas. Evenly coat entire crust with brushed olive oil. Add pizza sauce leaving a 1 inch crust all the way arounf. Add the fresh sliced mozzarella and close the lid and grill for another 5-7 minutes, or until cheese has fully melted.
- Remove from the grill, let cool, top with fresh chopped basil. and slice.
This recipe is ideal for moderately crispy, yet soft crust. If you prefer pizza crust softer, grill for less time. If you don’t have olive oil, any oil will do.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 384
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Sodium: 788mg
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 50.2g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Protein: 10.2g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
Keywords: grilled pizza, how to grill pizza, how to grill pizza without a stone