The simple “hack” of perfectly preparing bacon right in the oven. No flipping required.
- 1 pound thick or regular-cut bacon.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay bacon out flat as tightly as possible with minimal to no overlap for best results.
- Bake bacon for 15-20 minutes (20-25 for thick cut), or until the desired level of crispness is reached. No need to flip.
- Remove bacon and let drain on a paper towel-lined plate for 5 minutes before serving. Note, bacon will continue to cook/brown as it cools.
If you like extra crispy bacon, you may need to add an additional 3-5 minutes.
I usually opt for thick-cut bacon over regular bacon because personally, I think regular bacon is too thin and shrivels up too much.
Lining your baking sheet with parchment paper will absorb some of the extra grease and decrease your chances of scorching the bacon and the pan. Aluminum foil will behave similarly to placing the bacon directly on the baking sheet.
Always cover your baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper for quicker cleanup!
Bacon benefits from resting/draining and will continue to brown and crisp even after it’s taken out of the oven
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 878mg
- Fat: 15.9g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrates: 0.5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 14.1g
- Cholesterol: 42mg
Keywords: how to bake bacon, how to bake crispy bacon, how to bake bacon in the oven