The improved whiskey cocktail is a mix between a Sazerac and the Old Fashioned. Sound good? This just may be your new favorite whiksey cocktail.
- 2 ounce rye or bourbon
- 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon absinthe
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- lemon peel for garnish
- In a Boston shaker or mixing glass, combine all ingredients except for the lemon peel. Fill mixing glass halfway with ice, then stir vigorously about a dozen times.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass over a giant ice cube.
- Squeeze lemon peel over the glass to extract oils, wipe the rim of the glass with the peel and add to the glass.
Keywords: improved whiskey cocktail, classic whiskey cocktail